Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Heavenly Delicious Butternut Goodness





I love butternut squash so much so that I could eat it every day! The cold winter weather is the perfect time to make this because the hot oven then also heats the house. We had some of the squash with roasted chicken and green beans for dinner one night and the extra came in handy when I made it into roasted butternut soup the next day. I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled and knew that I wouldn't be able to eat solids for a couple of days. The good news was that I only had to have two wisdom teeth from my bottom jaw pulled as the two upper ones were impacted; the bad news was that the pain didn't just last a couple of days, it lasted more than a week!

ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH

1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1/2" slices
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 tsp minced fresh herbs ie. rosemary, thyme, sage etc

  • Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
  • Mix all the ingredients and lay on the baking sheet in a single layer.
  • Bake for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment