Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

The Beginning

My sister has a food blog and has asked me a couple of times when I would be starting one too. I began by choosing a name for my blog and ended up with "Wok Tales" two days ago. That night I made baked salmon with teriyaki glaze for dinner and thought that it would be a nice dish to start my first blog. The salmon was cooking nicely and then my husband comes home early and is famished (as he always is!), what do I do? Well of course I quickly stir fry the accompanying sweet peas and dish up the rice and we all sit down and eat. Oh wait a minute! I was supposed to take photos of the salmon! Too late, half of it was eaten before I remembered. Oh well, next time then.

That night I started thinking about the blog, I AM interested to have one, but when am I going to find the time to take pictures, upload them, write an accompanying story and then post it on my blog? When my 15 month old baby is asleep? But that's when I do prep for dinner, write out my grocery list, clean up, read and reply e-mails, do laundry...and the list goes on. But then this idea of having a food blog is getting me excited and so I must just get organized and get going! And so begins the first entry of my food blog - no recipe, no restaurant review, not much anything about food actually, but a food blog begins nevertheless...bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Great name! And the husband can wait for just a minute before he eats, can't he? Looking forward to seeing your pictures in future posts.

    ReplyDelete